Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Two Ride Weekend

I got two rides in this weekend. Granted they were shortened due to family obligations but any weekend that I get to ride both Saturday and Sunday is a good weekend. And this weekend was one of those. Best of all we had two days of cooler weather. Finally! It was a hotter than usual summer. It was so brutal that for the first time since I moved here 12 years ago I thought about moving. Moving for me and my family isn’t truly realistic but the oppressive heat made me fantasize about it nonetheless. Somewhere with hills or mountains would be nice. Of course the downside is that unless you move to southern California you probably won’t be able to ride 12 months a year. Yes it gets hotter than hell here but you can still ride. Drinking a lot of water goes a long way and I can ride in heat a lot better than I can ride in cold. And I certainly can’t ride in ice or snow. So if you in SW Florida you gotta take the good (12 months of riding) with the bad (no elevation and some of the highest temps and humidity on the planet). But here’s to the next 7 months of good-weather-riding in SW Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment