Friday, November 7, 2014

I'm a loner, Dottie. A rebel

I know I should do group rides more often and I do join them occasionally but for the most part I’m a lone wolf when it comes to riding. I think I need to make peace with that fact. I feel guilty about it but I have loads of excuses. For one I’d have to get up earlier since some rides leave a little early for me and I’d have to sacrifice my precious sleep. And for many group rides I’d have to drive my vehicle to get to the departure point which just seems silly. Also, I’d have to conform to the group. I’d have to do their route with their stops (or lack of). I’m the type of person who likes to mix things up and stop when and where I want to. I might want to take a silly picture or something. Lastly, most group rides don’t do the route I want to do. The exception is the Bike Bistro Sanibel ride, see my Allure of the Sanibel Causeway blog entry for more on that. That being said, I know group riding makes you a stronger rider. Every time I ride with at least one other person I push myself harder and get a better workout. They’re usually fun social events too. I guess what I’m trying to say is do as I say, not as I do. Get out there and do some group rides.

well this may not be a true group ride but at least I'm riding with a couple other people

No comments:

Post a Comment