Tuesday, November 4, 2014

November Rides

It’s that time of the year when there’s a charity ride almost every weekend pretty much for the  next six months and a lot of them are close to home. As they approach I’ll try and write about some of my favorites. Coming soon is:

Horrible Hundred, Sunday, November 16, 2014
This ride is up in Clermont so you do have to travel a bit to get there but it’s worth it. Every Florida cyclist must do this event at least once. Holy hills! You WILL be challenged regardless what mileage you choose. I did this ride in 2012 when I was a rookie and my suffering was immense on the 70 mile route (called the Sucky 70). I hope to return someday and redeem myself.

big crowds

hills!

resting at base camp




Annual Turkey Leg Century, Friday November 28, 2014
This informal ride starts at 8 a.m. in the Publix shopping center in Fort Myers at the corner of Six Mile Cypress Parkway and Daniels. Riders will then average about 18 mph and wind through a scenic route of Fort Myers Beach to Gordon’s Pass before stopping for lunch on beautiful Fifth Avenue in Naples. The ride is self-contained so bring a flat kit and money for lunch and two rest stops. For more information contact Jeff Brim at JeffBrim@yahoo.com. I’ve done this ride two years now and I always enjoy. It’s a nice bunch of people and you can cheat like I did and have your wife pick you after lunch.

lots of gorgeous views on the Turkey Leg Century

No comments:

Post a Comment